Need a ServSwitch for small-scale applications? The ServSwitch Jr. from Black Box is the perfect solution for workgroups and small and home offices.
With the ServSwitch Jr., you can access up to eight IBM PC/AT or PS/2 type CPUs with a single monitor, PS/2 or PC/AT keyboard, and PS/2 or serial mouse. ServSwitch Jr. supports a variety of video resolutions (up to 1600 x 1280). It also fully supports Microsoft IntelliMouse. And with the ServSwitch Jr. Chip (KV99JR), the 2- and 4-port models support the wheel and five-button mice! The chip also enables flash upgrades as well as upgrades to 2- and 4-port R2 models.
Installing the ServSwitch Jr. is effortless. You can plug your VGA or XGA monitor, keyboard, and mouse directly into the ServSwitch Jr. using the cables you already have. Attach each of the computers to the switch using CPU/Server Cables. The cables have a single connector on the switch end and three connectors (for keyboard, video, and mouse) on the computer end. In addition, you can connect any IBM PC compatible CPU, no matter what type of keyboard and mouse it uses. If you need to support distances over 20 feet (6 m), use coax cables.
To switch between CPUs, press the port-selection buttons on the switch's front panel or send switching commands from the shared keyboard. Other keyboard commands control port scanning and configuration settings.
For connecting remotely to your server room over IP, use the 8-port ServSwitch Jr. with a ServSwitch Remote, Single-User (ACR9005A). This way, you can control PC, Sun®, and Mac® servers from a remote location via an Internet connection!
The ServSwitch Jr. doesn't even have to be plugged in because it draws power from the keyboard and mouse interfaces of the attached CPUs. The 8-port model has an optional power supply jack in case you prefer to use a power supply.
- Control up to eight CPUs with a single keyboard, monitor, and mouse.
- Video resolution up to 1600 x 1280.
- You can pair the 8-port model with the ServSwitch Remote for multiplatform control over an IP connection!
- Supports Microsoft IntelliMouse
- With the ServSwitch Jr. Chip, the 2- and 4-port models support wheel and five-button mice!
- Interface powered. An optional power supply is also available for the 8-port model.
- Supports distances up to 50 feet (15.2 m) using coax cables.